Setting up a business in Spain is simple.
The type of business entities available are in keeping with those existing in other OECD countries and there is also a wide range of possibilities capable of meeting the needs of the different types of investor who wish to invest in Spain.
Several alternatives will be analyzed in these posts, including both the establishment of business by the investor itself, either through the formation of a company (subsidiary), a branch, a representative office, or through a joint venture with other enterprises already established in Spain. Other channels for conducting business without a physical presence, such as distribution, agency, commission and franchising agreements are possible.
But … What´s the better way to set up a businnes in Spain?
The answer is that no one legal form is better than any other. Each of them have their own advantages and disadvantages and, essentially, each project must be assessed based on its specific characteristics. Therefore, before deciding upon a legal form, we must have a clear, precise idea of the project which we want to launch:
- The number of partners, their roles, the relationship between the partners and the responsibility that each one carries.
- Minimum capital.
- Costs, start-up formalities and management tasks.
- Partners’ social security schemes.
- Kind of bussines activity.
- Are you thinking about setting up a business in Spain? First of all, you must considerer all these characteristics … Contact us!
Jaime Segura & Associates – The way your law firm should be. Providing legal services all over Spain since 2003.